At the end of the 18th century a family of peasants from the area settled in these lands. With money from their work as emigrants in Cuba and Latin America, they built a large farmhouse for the time, consisting of block on the ground floor and habitable area on the top floor, which corresponded to a structure that showed the economic capacity of the most status farmers. In 1900 the west wing of the house was built, where the house was extended with a new more modern kitchen on the ground floor and a dining room on the top floor, also built on this date a breadbasket (typical Asturian construction) attached to the house which was accessed from the same by a passage from the room. Under this breadbasket it was used as a forge at first and later as a stable to shelter the smaller animals. In the year 2000 Jose Luis, conscious of the value of the construction, begins his rehabilitation to make 4 rural apartments.
The whole process is done with an arduous work and maintaining the building style of the area, using stone and wood fundamentally. After five long years of rehabilitation, the building was opened to the public in 2005. Since then many people have passed through Ca Xuacu and have shared experiences with us, the Asturian house “Ca Xuacu” has the category of Rural Tourist Apartments with 2 keys.
It is divided into 4 apartments, all of them combine wood and stone to create a cozy atmosphere that invites you to rest and relax: El Payar is suitable for families with two children, this apartment occupies the area of the old barn, where they kept the farming tools and harvest. It is located on the ground floor of the building with entrance from the natural stone whim. It has vitroceramic cooker, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave with grill, kitchen utensils, tv, wifi internet connection, complete bathroom, bed linen and towels.